How can we make a scholarship fund happen?
The Poynton High School India Project Scholarship Fund is our way of trying to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of individual children from Bethel and Joy Homes. But it will not be easy to maintain the necessary level of fundraising – around £3000 a year.
As a school we have been raising money for India Direct for almost a decade. Including the regular sponsorship of some children, and money we have raised for specific items like the play park at Joy Home, we have donated over £30,000.
We are quite good at thinking up ways to raise money, but this is going to require a lot of effort!
What we have planned so far:
- A whole school “out of uniform” day (everyone loves those!)
- A “sponsored sari” day where the team will attempt to wear saris for the whole day without stepping on the front or unravelling their pleats (boys, too, if they like!)
- Monthly cake sales (where would we be without cake?)
- Bag packing at local supermarkets
- Curry nights (yes, food again…)
- Selling refreshments at parents’ evenings
Could you help us?
If you have any suggestions for fundraising or would like to get involved, please contact Helen Milligan at Poynton High School or by emailing email@example.com
However, if you would like to help with education costs for younger children from Bethel and Joy, then please donate now! It costs less than you might think – just £60 will pay for a whole year of education costs for one child. This includes their school fees, uniform, books, stationery, school bag and school lunch! Click here to find out more!